By Joel H. Silbey
A significant other to the Antebellum Presidents presents a sequence of unique essays exploring our historic knowing of the function and legacy of the 8 U.S. presidents who served within the major interval among 1837 and the beginning of the Civil struggle in 1861.
- Explores and evaluates the evolving scholarly reception of Presidents Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, and Buchanan, together with their roles, behaviors, triumphs, and failures
- Represents the 1st single-volume connection with assemble jointly the historiographic literature at the Antebellum Presidents
- Brings jointly unique contributions from a group of eminent historians and specialists at the American presidency
- Reveals insights into presidential management within the sector century best as much as the yank Civil War
- Offers clean views into the principally forgotten males who served in the course of essentially the most decisive sector centuries of usa history
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
At the morning of August nine, 1757, British and colonial officials protecting the besieged citadel William Henry surrendered to French forces, accepting the beneficiant "parole of honor" provided through common Montcalm. because the column of British and colonials marched with their households and servants to fortress Edward a few miles south, they have been set upon via the Indian allies of the French.
Lotteries in Colonial the United States explores lotteries in England and the yank colonies within the 17th and eighteenth centuries. From the founding of Jamestown to the financing of the yankee Revolution, lotteries performed a tremendous position within the financial lifetime of the colonies. Lotteries supplied an alternate kind of elevating funds for colonial governments and a method of subsidizing private and non-private tasks with out enacting new taxes.
On account that colonial days, management of the demise penalty—whether by way of striking, firing squad, electrocution, or deadly injection—has endured as the most debatable moral and sensible problems with American jurisprudence. This quantity chronicles each felony execution in Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma, together with Indian Territory, via December 2010.
Reissued for the 1st time in over thirty years, Black New Orleans explores the twenty-year interval within which the city’s black inhabitants greater than doubled. Meticulously researched and replete with archival illustrations from newspapers and infrequent periodicals, John W. Blassingame’s groundbreaking heritage deals a different examine the commercial and social lifetime of black humans in New Orleans in the course of Reconstruction.
- Fort Lauderdale: The Venice of America (Making of America)
- The Trial of Frederick Eberle: Language, Patriotism and Citizenship in Philadelphia's German Community, 1790 to 1830
- College Station (Images of America)
- Blount Springs: Alabama's Fountain of Youth
- Breathitt County (Images of America)
- Bay View (Images of America)
Additional info for A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Joel H. Silbey
- Download e-book for kindle: Credit Default Swaps und Informationsgehalt (German Edition) by Eva Wagner,Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Helmut Pernsteiner
- Produktion und Logistik für Dummies (German Edition) - download pdf or read online